It’s time for me to clear out the garage as I have a bunch of projects that I want to sort out, and no money to do that with. So I’ve gathered up all the newest and shiniest gear I have, and before it goes on eBay, I thought I’d display it here.
Let’s start with the biggest and best;
1. 2010 Rocky Mountain Altitude 29, size large. Shimano XT 9 speed shifters and derailleur, Race Face cranks, Stan’s ZTR rims with tubeless Continental Mountain King tires, Fox fork.
I really like this bike – it just rolls over everything – but given the type of riding I do, when I ask myself if I’d rather have this, or my 20th Anniversary Blizzard running, and my Dekerf built up, and maybe some other vintage machine, the answer is clear.
I would entertain trades on this bike for an older, XTR equipped 26er. Don’t care about the brand, or if it’s suspended or hardtail, I’m looking for parts here.
2. Single speed wheelset; front is a silver Chris King disc hub, black spokes, and silver Mavic 717 rims. The rear is a polished White Industries ENO eccentric single speed hub, black spoke and 717 rim. It’s the older style ENO with a thread on freewheel mount. This wheelset can be used with either disc or rim brakes, and I have the eccentric mount adapter for it too. I might also have road spaced dropouts too.
I would entertain offers to part this wheelset out, but, if I did, I’d be keeping the rims, because a good rim brake compatible rim is becoming hard to find. And I would also be interested in trades for a good rim compatible geared wheelset. Like an old Crossmax for instance.
3. Vicious Cycles steel fork. Black, disc-only, meant for a 26″ wheel, but I think it’s tall enough that it’ll work on 27.5″ as well. It would probably also work on a disc-only CX bike. I have put a 700c wheel in it, but there’s no clearance with a 29er tire.
4. Frames! Small Norco Bush Pilot with fork and Campagnolo headset. That’s right, Campagnolo on an entry-level mountain bike. That is how it’s done. Large and extra-large Fisher Marlin frames circa 1998, rim brake only, both of which I’ll probably repaint before I sell, but let me know if you’re interested, you can pick the colour maybe? GT Zaskar LE, size 20.5, possibly broken. If you want this, it’s yours. It’s not pretty, but it was great before I maybe broke it when it was on the roof of my car.
5. All kinds of parts; SRAM 10 speed, 42T chainring (new). SRAM composite v-brake levers (used). SRAM X.7 long cage rear derailleur. Manitou X-vert fork (used). Redline CX fork (used, disc and rim compatible). Marzocchi Z.1 Drop-off 20mm fork (used, disc and rim compatible).